Autumn Term 2018 – Teacher of students with Autism
(MPS/UPS + 1 or 2 SEN Allowance)
- Enthusiastic, versatile and committed classroom practitioners able to work as part of a team.
- Candidates with UK Qualified Teacher Status or overseas equivalence.
- Candidates with experience or qualifications in teaching pupils with autistic spectrum conditions.
At Oak Lodge, we use an approach taken from the SCERTS Framework. This therapeutic approach to teaching is aimed at developing engagement with learning and increased social interaction and social communication with others. As part of our team you will need to be creative as well as resilient, with a significant sense of fun.
We are an accredited National Support School and maintain National Autistic Society accreditation.
All posts are subject to DBS checking and safer recruiting practices
Further details and application pack are available from Mrs Annie Dobbin, School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org . Interested candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please telephone the office to make an appointment. Direct applications only, no agencies please.
Mealtime Supervisors Required, Oak Lodge School, N2 0QY
Salary scale: £5197 to £5223 per annum
Monday to Friday, 11.30 am to 2pm, term time only
Oak Lodge School are looking to recruit enthusiastic, dynamic Mealtime Supervisors committed to providing positive lunchtime experiences to our students at our outstanding special needs school in East Finchley.
The position will involve some of the following duties:
- Interacting with students and providing opportunities for positive social communication.
- Working closely with staff teams to report any first aid or safeguarding concerns.
- Supervising outdoor areas in all weathers.
- Supporting lunchtime activities in open classrooms as and when needed.
- Working within our school dining hall to maintain a clean and safe environment and ensuring that the dining rooms are cleaned thoroughly at the end of each service.
A flexible and supportive approach and the ability to use initiative are therefore essential requirements for the job.
Oak Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to equality and diversity in all aspects of employment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service record check.
For further information and to apply for a position please click on the links below:
Further Information (Job Description & Person Specification)
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com